swiss active – CI Fitness Switzerland presents for the first time a comprehensive study on the key data of the Swiss fitness industry
Closures of fitness centers, restrictions on training – the corona pandemic has hit the Swiss health and fitness industry hard. Where is the industry today, after a good two years of crisis? And what trends are emerging for the future?
swiss active – CI Fitness Switzerland and the German University for Prevention and Health Management (DHfPG) have collected the key data of the Swiss fitness industry for the first time after the pilot study in 2021. The result is a representative quantitative study that creates market transparency. Important key figures are presented and developments in the industry are shown. The study answers these questions and more:
- How has the number of providers developed since the end of 2019?
- How have membership numbers developed since the end of 2019?
- Has the age structure of the members changed?
- How has the frequency of training developed?
- How do providers assess their economic situation?
- What does the future of the industry look like?
«The fitness industry plays an important role in health prevention,» says Roger Erni, Managing Director of swiss active – CI Fitness Switzerland. «Especially in the Corona period, the authorities also recognized this. Added to this is the economic importance of the providers, including as employers.»
We would like to invite you to the online presentation of the key data study of the «Swiss Fitness Industry 2022» on September 6, 2022 at 2:30 p.m.